By Shana Bosler on 31 Jan, 2019 10:47:15 AM
If you have ever interviewed for a job, you’ve probably been asked the question: What are your strengths? It’s one of the first questions job seekers might prepare for, considering that any future employer, manager or colleague will want to know how you will positively impact their organisation.
For those who have an Emergenetics® Profile, you have an advantage in answering this question that you may not even be aware of. Because the Profile reveals your innate brilliances, you can use these insights to articulate the gifts you would bring to any role.
As you prepare for your next interview or as you advance your career within your current organisation, consider how you can talk about your preferences to demonstrate the strengths you bring to each position.
And, remember, as you review these suggestions, you may identify with strengths mentioned in your preferred Attributes and even in those that you do not have a preference. After all, the Profile measures our preferences, not skill, and we all possess each Attribute, so be sure to take a look at each one as your consider what all reflects your gifts.Those with an Analytical preference often share the innate strengths below:
- Logical problem solver
- Easily assimilates information
- Researcher who brings care and consideration for accurate data
- Level-headed thinker who readily connects to the bottom line
Detail-oriented and thorough
- Brings order to chaos, effectively implementing ideas
- Enjoys tying up all loose ends to see projects to completion
- Follows through on commitments
- Empathic and compassionate
- Intuitively understands others
- Tactfully communicates positive and difficult messages
- Considers the impact on others in decision making
- Future-oriented, global thinker
- Connects seemingly disparate topics to find commonalities
- Breaks down barriers to find solutions
- Connects back to the big picture and vision
- Carefully weighs input
- Forms thoughts before speaking
- Outwardly shares ideas with others
- Talks through possible solutions
- Mediates disagreements in a peaceful manner
- Builds consensus within groups
- Brings energy and pace to drive projects forward
- Engages in healthy debate to flesh out ideas
- Brings focus to projects and tasks
- Asks important, clarifying questions in the midst of change
- Welcomes change with an open mind
- Discovers new opportunities within each solution
- Flexes naturally between Behavioural styles, enabling you to see all angles
- Builds bridges between preferences
As you consider your next career move or how you plan to grow within your organisation, it’s highly likely that you will be asked to define the strengths you bring to each role. I encourage you to think about how you can lean on your Profile to talk about the inherent assets you bring to the workplace, which benefit your teammates, colleagues and organisation. For more ideas, consider referring back to your Profile, personalised Narrative Report or the Emergenetics+ app!
If you are interested in learning more about the gifts of your teams, leaders and emerging professionals, fill out this form to learn more about bringing Emergenetics to your organisation!